Telefilm Announces Video Game Developer Competition Finalists
- Mindhabits of Montreal for Mindhabits Trainer
- Hothead Games of Vancouver for Swarm!
- Big Blue Bubble of London Ontario for Hobby Shop
- Cerebral Vortex of Toronto for Ambush! Trivia.
The finalists were chosen at this years’ Game Developers Conference.
In the prior round, each finalist had won $50,000 to explore their proposed game, seek venture capital etc.. In this round 2, each of the four finalists received a further $250,000 to develop a prototype of their game. In September a winner will be chosen at Vancouver’s VidFest. The winner will receive a further $500,000 to launch their game.
In addition to the four finalists above, on January 15, 2007 the following additional $50K round 1 winnners were announced:
- Dark Matter Entertainment of Toronto for Vertical Ascent
- HB Studios & TPB Productions of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia for Trailer Park Boys: The Game
- Hop To It Productions of Toronto for Create-A-Date
- Humagade Studios of Quebec City for Tamano
- LiveWires Design of Vancouver for Reckless
- murmur of Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal for Echelon
Good luck to all.