Newsweek Alleges Kutaragi Dropped the Ball on PS3 3rd Party Exclusives
In this third part of a very interesting 3-part “inside baseball” article, Newsweek alleges that Kutaragi dragged his feet on signing third party exclusives for the PS3 while Microsoft was aggressively pursuing exclusives from third parties such as EA (FIFA), Konami (Winning Eleven) Take-Two (Bioshock) and Ubisoft (the next Splinter Cell). Famously, Sony lost its Grand Theft Auto exclusive with Take-Two and Rockstar Games. And Assassin’s Creed, long assumed to be a PS3 exclusive, has now been confirmed to be under development for the XBox 360.
- PS3 vs. Xbox 360 Head to Head, PS3 Reviews and other Miscellanea (December 11, 2006)
- Newsweek Alleges Kutaragi Dropped the Ball on PS3 3rd Party Exclusives (November 21, 2006)
- Is the Lack of Force-Feedback in Sony’s PS3 Controller a Technical or Legal Issue? (June 28, 2006)
- Immersion Wins Latest Round of Sony ‘Rumble’ Suit (March 13, 2006)
- Sony 3D Artist Fired for saying “Xbox 360 is better” than the PS3 (February 2, 2006)
- Region Coding for PS3 Unlikely (November 8, 2005)